Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

No one knew...


I put my harness on and I got it done up fast so I was ready to climb. My heart was racing as I stepped onto the ladder.


I went first so no one would know I was scared of heights. I started climbing and climbed all the way up the ladder. When I got to the top and I slowly walked across the log trying to keep my balance but I wasn't balanced fell. Luckily I was fine. I walked across and looked down. It was double the size of when I was on the ground! I was frightened!

I could see the falls, it was an amazing view well even if it had mud in it. I got on my knees and started doing push ups. They were hard because I had no room to put my hands anywhere. I did 2 but the person who did the best did 20.

Then it  was time to come down. It was so dangerous because I almost hit my head on the log.

When I got back down to the ground I could feel the adrenaline going through my body. I felt really happy but I inside I was freaking out!



This is my recount of my best 5 minutes of camp. We had to use our words to paint a picture in the mind of the reader to recount our experiences.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your 5 minutes of camp Zane and I would never had known you were scared of heights! Well done for challenging yourself. remembering to say what you could see and how you felt helped me imagine a clear picture in my mind. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great effort, love the fact that you are using your words and describing the event

    ReplyDelete